Sunday, February 24, 2013

Leprechaun Hat Card

I saw a card on Pinterest the other day and just fell in love with it!  I wanted to try and recreate it using cut files from My Scrap Chick.  You can see where I got my inspiration to make this beautiful card HERE. (funny, she has the same name as me!)
Here is my card:

These are the files I used from My Scrap Chick to make this 6"h x 5"w card:

4 Leaf Clover Album (large clover)
Lucky Rainbow Bears (Hat-2 welded together to form the card shape, and small clover)
Rose (flower)
Buckles & Borders (lacey design behind hat band)
Butterfly Bag & Card (butterflies)
Leaf Designs (leaf flourish)



Here are some of the embellishments I used:
**The banner is from my eCAL programs shape library (banner 3) and I added the text and did a print & cut
**I did a lot of brown inking and a little green on the edges of my cuts.
**The butterfly is 3 layers with the top layer being a clear acetate with white dots on it.
**The winding string is white hemp cord hot-glued down in places. 
 
**I stitched along the edges of the top piece of the card with my sewing machine using white thread.
**The large clover has a clear bubble cap from Epiphany Crafts in the center.
**Pop dots are used behind things to add dimension.
**The paper I used is from g.c.d studios called Daydream Ensemble.  It has a fabric-like texture and feel to it.  I also used AC Cardstock.  
**Curling the edges of the clovers and flower adds more dimension.


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin, I saw this on Facebook and I case'd your card on my blog and linked it back here to you. I completely love this and mine turned out really well, I think because I didn't stray very far from yours, lol! Thank-you so much and yours is just beautiful!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb! I love that you made a card and I'm so glad it turned out and you love it! I would really like to see it! What is your blog?

      Delete