Friday, October 28, 2011

Spider & Cauldron Test Tube Candy Holder

I know it's almost Halloween, but I love this project and am excited to share it!!  Quick~get crafting and make one!! 

I got my inspiration from Happy Life, Crafty Wife to make this adorable test tube holder.  You can see her creation and get the free svg file for the holder HERE.  I re-did the file to fit the test tubes I had and to add 3 holes instead of 2.  (Don't ask me why, but my dad has tons of different test tubes at his house...lol...so I didn't have to order any!  Yay!)

The other files I used are from SVGCuts called Party On Elm Street.  I also used the awesome stamps from Punkin' Patch Stamps!  I used stamps from the Trick or Treat and Little Monsters sets.  Go check out the cute stamps they have. 

For the spider, I just sized it to what I wanted, and then made a shadow of it and welded it to the top if the test tube file.  For the cauldron, I sized that to fit the space I wanted to attach it to.  I actually made it a little longer than how it comes since I had the extra space.  I only made 1/2 of the cauldron and I added little paper tabs on the inside edges so it attaches nicely to the front of the box.  It is a good size too and deep...it will fit 4 mini candy bars in there!  Woo hoo!

I did some embossing, lots of inking, added some funky, hairy ribbon, a few black buttons and embellished!  This box is 9 1/2" tall and 3 1/2" wide just to give you an idea how big it is. My test tubes are 5/8" in diameter and 5 3/4" tall.  I got the corks at Home Depot.  They are filled with Gobstoppers, Nerds and M&M's.

Hope you enjoy my project ~~ Happy Halloween!
Kristin






3 comments:

  1. Kristin, this turned out fantastic! I was scrolling through my reader and scrolled back up again. I knew I had seen this spider somewhere before? It's those eyes. LOL! What a GREAT idea using the cauldron. Isn't it amazing all the different ideas we can make out of the SVGCuts files. <3 them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...definitely this one is the "bomb"...OMG OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you already know I think you are so so so awesome! Love everything you do.
    Cheryl-Scrappinmini
    Creative Kuts

    ReplyDelete