Thursday, September 1, 2011

Carmel Apple Card

How about a yummy, warm caramel apple??  Doesn't that look good!  For me, caramel apples represent Fall since my mom always makes them at that time of the year and it is something we always look forward to.  

I actually saw this card on someone's blog and wanted to make one too using files from SVGCuts.  It is really fast and simple.  I think it would be cute to give as a "Welcome Fall" card or used as Halloween party invites.  Either way, people would love it! 

Here is what I used:
Slime (Freebie in SVGCuts Forum).....for the caramel
SCAL2 Shapes Library (Cylinder)....for the stick

I just sized 2 apples and welded them together in SCAL2 to form a card.  Alternatively, you can use the apple card that is already made and ready to go in this kit called Shaped Cards and Envelopes SVG Kit.  My card is about 4.5" w x 6.0" h.  Adding the white highlights with a gel pen makes it look nice and shiny!  I did lots of inking on the edges to give it lots of shadows.  I think I will tie a ribbon on mine at the bottom of the stick just to add a little extra cuteness to it.


The inside seeds are just done with a black marker and little white highlights on them.

6 comments:

  1. So cute!! The inking and shading on the caramel look awesome, Ms. Artista! The seeds inside are a cute touch too.. u rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowzers! Totally CUTE I love it!! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shading & use of the gel pen... I was SHOCKED when I realized this didn't have glossy accents etc used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a yummy looking caramel apple! I agree with Mary, your shading and highlights bring it to life and make it look dimensional, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and a wonderful reminder that Fall is right around the corner! Bring it on!

    Rock Girl Designs
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete